- Plant annuals, perennials, herbs, and shrubs purchased from local florists
- Weed, feed, cultivate, mulch, edge, and water in summer at city gardens
- Refurbish and update gardens, seasonal decorations added to the following locations:
- Huntington Green
- Plumb Memorial Library
- Shelton History Center Herb & Fragrance Garden
- Shelton Community Center Perennial Garden
- Huntington Post Office
- Shelton High School Entrance
Shelton Holiday Decorations
Decorate City Hall, Community Center, Police Station, Plumb Memorial & Huntington Branch Libraries, Senior Center, Shelton History Center and 11 schools.
- Obtain twenty-five live wreaths from a local dealer; decorate and deliver to destinations above
- Plumb Library: Fill 2 urns with live greens and make swags, decorate and hang them at entrance
- Decorate Christmas tree in the Main Library Room with member-made, dried material ornaments
Osborne Homestead Museum Holiday Decoration
- Decorate State-owned museum in Derby, CT for 2 week open house in conjunction with other garden clubs
- Obtain fresh greens and flowers from local florist and suppliers
Provide interesting garden therapy programs for seniors in assisted-living
- Conduct programs at Crosby Commons-Assisted Living at Wesley Village in Shelton, CT at 1 p.m. on the 2nd Monday of each month (except for Sept).
- Sponsor the Julia Adams Scholarship to a graduating senior planning to study horticulture, conservation, environmental, floral design of related fields
- Contribute to a scholarship sponsored by the Federated Garden Clubs of CT., Inc.
- Hold Annual Perennial Plant Sale in May with plants donated from members’ gardens. Monies are used for city gardens and club programs
Shelton Historic Center
Design and plant grounds to reflect period 1913 property including herb, vegetable and perennial gardens
- Renovate and replant herb garden
- Renovate and replant vegetable garden
- Create perennial beds focused on native species
“Growing Together” The Native Oak Tree Project
The Club planted a native Pin Oak Tree with the Shelton Land Conservation Trust in the field of the Lane Street Property.
Huntington Green Center
Redesign and plant grounds in center of Green
- Renovate and replant shrubs and perennials